Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Chapter 4 : Roses

 
"How dare you, Jasmine!  I thought you were my friend, my BEST friend!" Marlene said as she pointed an accusing finger at Jasmine.

 "Whoa, since when did this happen?  You never stopped me, and hey, you ENCOURAGED me to date him, Marlene!" Jasmine shouted.

 So Marlene kicked her out of the house, and she began to draw.  It was the one thing that she could completely zone out and do.

 However, one thing interrupted her art--a smell. 
 It was an old bowl of mac-and-cheese.   It was alone and forgotten, with potential to be a great meal.
And on that note, Marlene began to run to the restaurant.

 But she was too late.  Shane had moved on.
 But Marlene wasn't ready to give up.  The one thing she learned from her brat of an older sister is that you can never give up to get what you want.
 "Hey!  What on earth do you think you are doing, Shane!  I come here, looking for you, and this is what I find?  One moment you were all over me, and the next, you change your mind about me and move on to her?"
 "And you..." She said, pointing her infamous accusing finger at the woman, "I don't know what to do about you, you little--"
 But she was cut off as the woman leaped at her and tackled her to the ground.
 After Marlene was thoroughly bruised and beaten, she ran home.
 Shane chased after her, calling her name and begged her to stop.
 Finally she stopped at the corner of the restaurant.
 "I'm sorry, Marlene.  I was...I was just so down after realizing you didn't care for me at all, and I just needed someone to make me feel wanted in any way." Shane pleaded.
 "So you make yourself feel better by hitting on some old woman?" Marlene sneered.
 When Marlene finished, she realized how hurt she made Shane.
"Let's go back to my sad excuse for a home and talk.  People are staring," Marlene said quietly.
 When they got to Marlene's house, Shane took both of her hands in his.
 "I really like you Marlene.  I haven't stopped thinking about you and I will never be able to explain how sorry I am for what I did.  I really messed up this time,"
 Marlene was speechless.
 Shane pulled her into probably the most awkward kiss of her life.

 *About a year later*
Marlene was on her way to meeting her boyfriend at the beach.

 When she got there, he took her hand in whispered "I love you" in her ear.
 He got down on one knee, pulled a black box out of his pocket, almost dropped it,
...and opened it to reveal a dainty diamond ring.



 To celebrate their engagement, Shane planned a surprise for the two of them.

 Marlene looked at Shane suspiciously as she saw a tattoo chair.
The lady, who introduced herself as Emilia, had them change into swimsuits, and sat them down, one by one.  
Marlene was first.
 She was shaking furiously.
 At the end, she decided on a rose on her left wrist.

 On Shane's turn, however, he was completely calm and even watched as Emelia tattooed him.
 He decided to get a matching rose, as he knew they would always be together.

 Three months later, Marlene was in the dress of her dreams preparing their wedding, as she decided to have it at home.
 But then, her wedding euphoria ended as a familiar face strolled through the door.
 So Jasmine and Marlene awkwardly caught up while eating Shane's famous Autumn Salad.
 So when it was time, everyone gathered around the patch of flowers Marlene had planted and planned to marry Shane on.
 All of the sudden, Marlene started to get extremely nervous.

 But that passed away when she saw how happy everyone around her was, and it was contagious.




 Not many months after the wedding, Marlene was throwing up like crazy.

 Marlene had a feeling what was happening.  
"Okay, don't freak out, but I think, I might possibly be pregnant..."  Marlene said hesitantly.

 Shane looked as his shoes.

 Shane covered his mouth as he looked at her baby bump.

 "Marlene...I don't know if I can do this. I'm not ready to be a father.  And what if we get triplets or twins?  Then what? What if we can't even take care of one?"
 She interrupted him by hugging him tightly and reassuring him that no one was really ever ready to be a parent.
 Her days of happiness were stopped when she was visited by the last person she wanted to see.

 "Marlene?" Aaron said.
 "Um...hey..." she said, trying to be enthusiastic, like she actually wanted to see him.
 "I left Jasmine!" He exclaimed.
 "Why would you do that!  We just saw you at the wedding not too long ago and you two looked perfectly happy!"
 "Because I want you instead!"
 Marlene choked on the air.
 "But Aaron, I love Shane very much and I'm afraid you've missed your chance," Marlene stated.
 And so Aaron raced out.
 Marlene went back to drawing.
But she couldn't help but feel bad for Aaron, because she knew how it felt to feel like you've missed your chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment